Monday, June 3, 2013

Intro

I recently started a consulting engagement with a client whose internal network cannot support connections from Linux instances. The client expects consultants to provide their own equipment. After a couple of weeks of frustration trying to get connected with my laptop, with no real help from the help desk, I decided the most expedient course would be to purchase a laptop with Windows pre-installed on it.

If your first instinct is to think this is a relatively expensive work-around for a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place, then I will say your instincts are good. Getting to a working state quickly was more important than taking the time to work through the technical issues, in this case.

That leaves me with a Windows system...something I haven't dealt with in several years. The current incarnation of Windows, Windows 8, has received mixed reviews since it was introduced. I thought it would be convenient to record any issues I might have on a blog, where it's easy to find and share the information. So, here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment